Thursday, October 17, 2013

Rambling...

This post is going to be a ton of rambling!

~The first thing that's been on my mind is the hardest thing about being a Mom, is doing your own thing, and making decisions for someone else.  Its hard to leave the group early or go home early when others are telling you they didn't do that with their kids, or they're not going to do that with their kids.  The people pleaser in me wants to say its ok, we'll go and make do, but I like that my son has a regular routine at bedtime, he's starting to sleep through the night, and he's doing better about eating.  I think its because he knows what to expect, and its just practice.  Now I don't want to be a Debbie Downer and always leave early, but I'd say 5-6 days out of the week I'd like to keep it this way.  This is our family, our way.  I know this issue is just going to get harder, because Noah's going to potty train at a certain age, and that may not be the age of other kids, or he may not get rid of the pacifier at a certain age...its OK.  These things aren't life and death, and we're going to do them our way...no one else's.  Its just hard for me to stand up and say what we're going to do is different and it may be the same, who knows, but it will be our way.  I don't know if this makes sense.  

~Working out... It is soooo hard! I am soooo slow! Last night I probably had the worst work out EVER.  I was in serious pain.  We did a burpee challenge, where you see how many burpees you do in 7 min.  I did 52.  I don't even know if I would call them burpees, they were more like crawling up and falling down, but I guess its the movement that counts.  Then we did a work out where we ran 400 meters and then did different exercises.  The runs KILLED me.  I'm serious on a scale of 1-10 on pain I was at a steady 8.  I almost had tears running down my face.  I have no idea why it hurt so bad last night.  On Tues I went with my SIL and ran a mile in 15.14, which is 40sec faster than I did last time, so I don't know if that was it or what.  I keep googling those pains and it says its just from being weak, my body just needs to get stronger, but man! I just hate working out, but I know its so good and its the only way to get results.  I just can not wait for it to get less painful! About 2 years ago when I would go run, I was sooo light on my feet and it didn't hurt near as bad, now I'm stiff and it HURTS!  I know it will come back and be better over time, I just gotta keep at it! 

~I made baby food yesterday! I wanted to do this from the very beginning, but when I started to feed Noah rice, he would kind of gag, and just didn't seem like he liked it.  I blended up some spinach and he didn't like that either.  I didn't know if it was pureed enough, or if it was the taste or what, so I went to the experts and just bought some baby food.  He had gotten a ton better about eating it, and he even opens his mouth for it, and he's not been allergic to anything yet.  This weekend I was talking to a friend that makes her baby's food and she was like its soooo easy and she showed me kinda how to do it.  Yesterday I needed to go buy some more, I was like I'm going to give this another shot. I made carrots, spinach, green beans, peas, peaches, pears, sweet potato, and butternut squash.  Hey go big or go home! We did avocado last night, which is technically homemade.. haha, but we'll see.  I'll keep you updated.  

~This weekend we are going to my Gran's house.  I'm excited.  Noah is at such a good age, I know they will have fun with him!

This was Noah eating his avocado (I so want to spell that alvocado).

I gave him a carrot to chew on while I was making his food.  He chewed the heck out of it! I was really trying to get a picture of that! 

This was Noah I think on Saturday! We were happy that Texas won! G's not big of a college football fan, so we just go for all TX teams! 
This was from the Susan G Koman race last Saturday! I was fun! I made a tutu.  We did this race 2 or 3 years ago, and we didn't even try and run.  This year I did it in 52min! The fasted I had done a 5K in before was 54 min, so I was kinda excited, esp since we walked alot because Noah didn't want to be in the stroller! We probably could have done it in 45! Luke did it in 19min and some odd seconds. That is just insane to me! That is crazy fast! 

4 comments:

  1. You have realized a valuable lesson so early! You do "motherhood" how you see fit and if people dissgree then so be it. From experience, I try to listen to others when it comes to advice and then take it and make it my own. There is no one right way! Your doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just gotta learn to not be such a people pleaser! I love hearing what others have to say, but I'm def going to put my own spin on it! I'm excited for ya'll having another little one! They are soo fun, and that is awesome that ya'll aren't finding out! I soooo want to do that with the next one, but I don't know if I'll be able to!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say!