Thursday, October 3, 2013

Little Old, Little New, and a Little NSV

Yay I started my old blog back up.  The whole reason I started another blog up in Word Press is because I couldn't figure out how to link this blog up with bloglovin and I thought it would be cool to start fresh with Noah, but then when I commented on other people blog I could figure out how to link my email up to it and a bunch of other stuff... anyway... with a little bit of googling I figured it out! Yay!!! Plus I think it will be cool to keep this one going! I've had it forever! The only thing I need to figure out is how to import my other blog posts into this one.  I just copied and pasted them, but I think I've figured that out too. I'm just becoming a computer whiz over here!

I wanted to link up with Ashlee and KJT for the NSV today because I have had a big one this week!



My #1 NSV is I ran...well ran walked 3.3 miles!!!!! It was slow, and ugly, but it got done! like 4 months ago I was barely walking .25 of a mile.  I'd have to do it on our treadmill because I'd get too tired to do it outside and here I am running it.  I can not wait to get faster.  Sometimes I do get discouraged about that, but I know that will come with time.  Everyone has to start somewhere and this is where I'm starting. I've been running a mile in 16 min.  I did the 3.3 in 54.11.  I thought about not posting that on here, but I want to be able to remember where I started from.

I burned 515 calories! My sis n law ran it quite a bit faster and burned close to 1000, so I'm excited about getting there.  At the first of the week I set a goal to burn 500-700 calories 6 days a week and I've done that so far! Her burning that much just show's me it will get better and I will get faster! I'm excited.  Everyday now I want to run, just so I can see if I'm any faster.  

I bought a Polar Ft4 and I highly, highly recommend getting a heart rate monitor when you work out.  It makes it so you work harder to burn more calories instead of sitting there watching the clock! 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about the Polar Ft4 and congrats on the awesome burns :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful nsv! Are you following a specific program to run or are you just getting out there and doing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I'm not following a specific program. I have tried to do couch to 5k several times, but never followed through :(. I'm just getting out there running. What I found that helps is when I run with my sis n law that runs faster, it helps me to run faster, but when I'm not with her I just try and go as fast and long as I can!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm testing this to see if I can get all the symbols to disapear

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say!